Whether you are a homeowner or commercial property owner, you know that appliance malfunctions are never fun to deal with. When it comes to water heaters breaking down, that can cause a lot of unwanted stress. Not only do you have to replace the whole system, but there is the potential for water damage caused by a water heater burst. If you live in Dallas, TX, or the surrounding areas, and this is your current situation, know that you aren’t alone. At Rescue Restoration, we are here to help residential and commercial customers with their busted water heater cleanup. As soon as you see a sign of water leaking from your water heater, call us immediately, day or night. When water from a water heater is left to seep all over the floor, it can lead to damage to furniture, walls, floors, and other items in your home, which can cause structural damage and even mold growth. It may seem like you can manage the situation on your own, but having professional water cleanup service is crucial. You never want to try to remedy the situation yourself; by calling Rescue Restoration, you are getting expert help right away. We have a team of highly trained technicians who use state-of-the-art equipment such as extractors, dehumidifiers, and dryers to remove and clean up water caused by a water heater burst. If you are dealing with a broken water heater that is seeping all over the floor, call us today at 469.626.9516 for cleaning water heater burst in Dallas, TX.
Water Heater Failure Signs
While it can be hard to know when a water heater is going to fail, there are definitely signs that indicate that your water heater isn’t working like it should. Water heater failure can be inevitable if your water heater is past its prime, but what about water heaters that have always functioned perfectly? It’s frustrating to think that the water heater in your home or business can burst for no apparent reason, but there are underlying explanations for why a water heater might break down or burst.
- Rust: This actually applies to the exterior as well as the interior of the water heater. If there is rust corrosion on the outside of your water heater, that means that there is a water leak someone. If you notice rust on your water heater, it’s best to call someone right away. Interior rust is a little trickier. In your water heater, there is what’s called a galvanic anode, AKA a sacrificial anode. A galvanic anode is put in the water heater to prevent corrosion. While this is a fantastic component, they will eventually need to be replaced. When they aren’t replaced, that can lead to rust in the water heater.
- Sediment Buildup: This is really the most common reason a water heater fails. This tends to happen when you have hard water, but sediment and mineral deposits are caused when water is heated up. These sediments will settle at the bottom of the water heater, which leads to buildup that makes it harder for a water heater to work efficiently.
- Size: Having the wrong size water heater will really hurt the heater in the long run. Water heaters come in many sizes, and finding the correct size for your home or business is extremely important. If you purchase a water heater that is too small, it can result in your water heater working harder than it should.
When your water heater has any of these issues, looking out for these particular signs can help you prevent water heater failure before it begins.
- If your water heater is over 8 or 10 years, you should consider getting a new one.
- Rusty water that is next to your water heater.
- Any accumulation of water that is surrounding your water heater.
- Hissing or other unusual or strange noises coming from your water heater.
- Lack of hot water being created by your water heater.
If you are already dealing with a water heater burst in Dallas, TX, call 469.626.9516 to get water heater cleanup right away!
Why Choose Us for Water Heater Burst Cleanup?
When you have an emergency water heater burst, you only want to call one place: Rescue Restoration. At Rescue Restoration, we are available for our residential and commercial customers 24/7. No matter if it’s a holiday or a Sunday afternoon, one of our technicians is able to get to you as soon as possible. All of our technicians are certified and trained to handle any water damage cleanup that you need in your home and business, and we won’t just clean up water; our team is able to remove it and dry it so that you don’t have to worry about mold infestation or property damage. If you want a team that will go above and beyond for our customers and get their home or business completely dry and removed of water, look to the technicians at Rescue Restoration. Call 469.626.9516 for Dallas, TX water heater burst cleanup service or other water removal services.